Ingredients:These are meant to be just a guideline. I don't weigh or measure ingredients any more than I have to. Have fun and add/remove whatever ingredients you choose.
- Raw Shrimp (about 1lb uncooked)
Sprouts has EZ-peel raw shrimp that have already been 'deveined', making the process a lot easier
- Lime Juice (4-5 limes)
You can also use lemons and/or oranges if you want a slightly different flavor
- Grape Tomatoes (12oz)
- Mango (1 large)
- Red Onion (1/2)
- Avocados (2)
- Cucumber (1/2 Large)
- Mini Bell Peppers (5-8, or 1 full size
- Cilantro, to taste
- Jalapeño, to taste
- Chop the shrimp into small chunks, using the sharpest knife you can find
- Juice the limes (or whatever citrus fruit you choose) and combine with the shrimp into its own bowl. Set inside the fridge to “cook” for 15-20min.
- Next, chop up items 3-8 into small chunks that would look good on a tortilla chip. The jalapeño and cilantro should be diced into smaller pieces to distribute the flavor evenly.
- When the shrimp is ready (it will turn from translucent to opaque), drain about half of the citrus juice and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Enjoy! This recipe tastes great all on its own or can be served with some blue corn tortilla chips!
Makes 4 Servings: 350 Calories Each